Alexandria, VA 22304
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Portner Brewhouse is a brewery restaurant and Craft Beer Test Kitchen®. Portner Brewhouse is a casual neighborhood brewpub with deep roots in Alexandria dating back to the Civil War. We celebrate the past, present and future of craft beer. We are passionate about taking great care of our employees, our guests, and our community. The menu features house-brewed beer, classic German and contemporary American cuisine or otherwise – brats, burgers & beer! Our unique development program for homebrewers interested in advancing to the next level, the Craft Beer Test Kitchen® draws a diverse crowd.
Our team is growing and needs a smart, upbeat, authentic person to join our ranks – is that you?
The Position: Restaurant Service Manager
- Build a capable and confident team and continue to development them every day.
- Oversee and ensure that all company operational standards and policies are maintained by providing clear communication, direction and guidance to team members
- Maintain proper flow of service through the management of all FOH employees
- Make decisions that affect the guests, employees, and back of house to ensure smooth service.
- Observe the entire dining experience ensuring that every meal and every moment exceeds expectations and responds to guest comments in a caring and constructive manner
- Upholds company food safety, food handling, and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of our employees and guest.
- Sets an excellent customer service and work example for others and actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Engage in community and market related opportunities at the restaurant.
What Makes You Great:
- You exemplify the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- You are highly confident in your abilities and are detail-oriented.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You genuinely get joy out of making people happy and can have fun while working
- You have a love and passion for the hospitality industry.
- You have 2-3 years of full service restaurant management experience
What Makes Us Great:
- A great environment to work in surrounded by talented, hardworking, fun people
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Complimentary meal per shift
- Free garage parking
- Continuing education opportunities